||Far East Eurasia
||Face, Torso & Tail
An Aragami built like a giant ape-man. Characterized by its agility and brutal attacks. It will assemble a herd to launch an attack. First appeared in the Far East, Eurasian continent. It'll fire vacuum waves from the pipe-shaped organs on its back. When enraged, it boosts its speed and attack power. Should several Kongous activate simultaneously, it's best to be cautious.
Blade Attacking Tips:
- Pierce/Short Blades: Using melee pierce attacks are the easiest way to kill a Kongou. Attacking the torso or arms will dish out above average damage while hitting the face and lower extremities (Legs and Butt area) will result to critical hits. Pierce attacks are ineffective on the tail.
- Sunder/Long Blades: Using melee sunder attacks against a Kongou will yield average results. Sunder attacks to the torso and arms yield ineffective to mediocre damage depending on your weapon's power. To maximize sunder damage, aim for the tail and the face using the long blade's triangle attacks.
- Crush/Buster Blades: Kongous are harder to kill when crush melee attacks are used. Hitting the arms will yield mediocre to above average damage; this is your primary target when equipped with a buster blade other than the face. The face is difficult to aim but when your attack lands, a critical hit is ensured. Hitting the other parts will result to ineffective attacks unless your weapon has a higher blaze/spark attribute as compared to crush.
- Elemental: Adding spark to your weapon attacks will definitely increase your damage output against Kongous (e.g. from mediocre to above average etc.) as all of its body parts have low defense against it. Blaze attacks also do the same but to a lesser degree as compared to spark.
- When melee attacking a Kongou, its best to attack from the sides or the back as most of its quick attacks (right hook and rolling attack) are performed upfront. Only position yourself in front when it is downed, staggering, inflicted with hold or during its long back swing animation from certain attacks.
Gun Attacking Tips:
- Whether you're using crush or pierce type bullets, both are effective against a Kongou's torso and mask. Aim for the torso as its a much easier target.
- Elemental: Spark elemental bullets will be your best friend against a Kongou as all of his parts are weak against it. A few shots from this element will cause above average to critical damage and make the Kongou stagger. Blaze elemental bullets are also effective but to a lesser degree as compared to spark.
- Rage Indicator: Heavy breathing (White) can be seen.
- When Kongous are enraged, they tend to be more aggressive and are faster than usual. Their attack power will also slightly increase.
- Their movement speed, turning speed (to face the player) and attacking speed will notably increase and they will also have shorter back swing animation for their attacks.
- They will also tend to use their rolling attack and right hook more often so be on guard and stay away from its front.
- Face: A Kongou's face is very fragile (especially to crush) and can be easily unbound with any kind of attack but it is difficult to target an may require some practice before you can easily break it using a blade. The easiest way to break it is by using spark or blaze elemental shot, laser and radial type bullets. Aim for its face when he's downed.
- Torso: This can be easily unbound with any kind of attack but the quickest way to do it is to use spark or blaze elemental bullets regardless of what bullet type you use (shot, laser, bomb or radial).
- Tail: Using a long or buster blade with a high sunder attack is the best way to unbound the tail. As long as your weapon has a sunder attribute, the tail can be unbound although it might take longer than the first method mentioned above.
Other Useful Tips:
- There is an opening for a devour attack whenever a Kongou is charging for its spin attack or lunging swipe.
- When a Kongou has taken significant damage, they will run away to restore their HP. Follow them and launch a devour attack when they are idle.
- Kongous are easily staggered (and eventually downed) when its torso or face is shot with spark elemental bullets regardless of what bullet type you use.
- Kongous have poor vision but have very acute hearing. If you swing or switch your weapon, or have the noisy skill equipped, you will alert them to your presence.
- Kongous tend to work together with other aragami. When they hear battle noises from another area, they will immediately lend their assistance.
- Kongous tend to target players that are fighting other aragami beside them.
- Kongous are weak against its own aragami bullets.
- Possibly named after Shoumen Kongou, a Rakshasa of Hindu mythology.
- The Aragami Bullets of the Kongou are treated as non-elemental.
||Shoots a vacuum of wind as a projectile.
||Shoots a vacuum of wind that sticks on impact and bursts after a short time.
||Shoots a spread of wind projectiles.