|XLink Kai Guide||PRO Online Guide|
- XLink Kai is a method to play PSP adhoc games online without going through Adhoc Party.
The base requirement is having a PC.
- Please see also the PRO Online Guide, another method which aims to enable online multiplayer as well,
but foregoing third party applications (i.e PSP connects to the internet multiplayer directly).
Note: PRO Online is not an option for 1000 (phat users) due to low RAM.
XLink Kai PlayersEdit
|Alatnet||Oni-Kami [US]||30th Mar 2012 11am GMT+8||OFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_4a7ee824||Lags when to connected to Mornsta /Shinya78.|
|AnbuDrizzt||dritzzt007 [JP]||24th Mar 2012 4pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_435c10bc||Can't be host of Mornsta.|
|Annhell||Saya [US]||26th Mar 2012 1am GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_26a990ec||Uses Wifi, can be Host as well as joining others, may need hoster's SSID for manual connection.|
|Moved to PRO Online.|
|Azel_75||Azel [US]||25th Mar 2012 4pm GMT+8||OFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_6e778d25||Uses Wifi, currently facing desync issues during mission for both hosting and joining.|
|b29499559||狂月 [JP]||20th Apr 2012 10pm GMT+8||-||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_4ea99751||Chinese player.|
Lags when to connected to overseas players.
|3rd Jul 2012 11pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_e2acd529
|GameFAQs board user.|
Can read basic Japanese.
Unable to connect with Mornsta /Shinya78.
|Moved to PRO Online. (Inactive)|
|blackmoon999||Satsuriku [US]||31st Mar 2012 1pm GMT+8||CFW||-||AdhoctoUSB user. Able to host.|
|Bloodscythe91||-||9th Mar 2012 2pm GMT+8||-||-||-|
|Blueburst||Chaos [US]||28th Feb 2012 3pm GMT+8.||CFW||-||Host only.|
|Clauz911||Ayane Mio [US]||3rd May 2012 12am GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_5c4927bd||AdhoctoUSB user. Able to play with Beastofprey and Minarie. Randomly lags during gameplay.|
|Usually online 4:00 P.M. onwards GMT+8.|
|Coolez||Coolez Ern(?)||28th Apr 2012 GMT +8||-||-||-|
|CrimsonSkye||SKYE [US]||2nd Feb 2012||-||-||-|
|DoniDarkos||Doni [EU]||22nd Feb 2012 3am GMT+8||-||-||May need hoster's SSID for manual connection.|
|euneko||supercell [US]||19th Apr 2012 3am GMT+8||CFW||-||Host only.|
|Gat(?)||Gatiasexy [US]||4th Feb 2012||-||-||-|
|[GER]Ryuudor||Ryu [EU]||10th Apr 2012 12am GMT+8||-||-||-|
|Usually on during the weekends, but is on at random times except Sunday nights (GMT -5/Eastern)||CFW||-||GameFAQs board user TG_Blade_Gunner, speaks some Japanese, good connection in a 2 man team, lags with Shinya78|
|hassyu||GOD [JP]||24th Apr 2012 2am GMT+8||-||-||-|
|jason_cooper||CINO [EU]||18th Jun 2012 9pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULES01519_L_6937679d||-|
|jonathanguns||Alfred [US]||26th Mar 2012 4pm GMT+8||CFW||-||-|
|Kulou||黄金太陽 [JP]||4th Apr 2012 9pm GMT+8||OFW||-||Taiwanese player. Has limited knowledge of English.|
|Luchoz||Dan [EU]||18th Mar 2012 Can play on weekends 11pm GMT-5||CFW||-||Support and Commando (*-*)|
|10th Jun 2012 9pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_f76fe641
|Decent connection (or at least with Mornsta /Beastofprey) but doesn't want to host due to lag.|
|Usually online from 10:00pm up to 1:00am Weekdays GMT+8
|26th Mar 2012 5pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_0665f8ac
|GameFAQs board user.|
Unable to connect with Beastofprey /Shinya78. Can't be guest of AnbuDrizzt /Minarie.
Prefers to use the JP version - if help is needed with US DLC missions, will pop in the UMD.
|Switched to PRO Online.|
|Neogeno||ILLUSION [US]||7th Jul 2012
Now using PRO Online
|OFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_e15453b9||GameFAQs board user.|
Absolute joiner. (Mostly)
|Rain@EVE||EVE [JP]||18th Jun 2012 9pm GMT+8||-||-||Japanese player. Prefers locals rather than overseas players.|
|Shibito117||MIKAMURA [US]||27th Feb 2012 4pm GMT+8||OFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_4f67b353||Lags when to connected to Mornsta.|
|26th Oct 2012 7am GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_fc213c58||GameFAQs board user.|
Unable to connect with Mornsta /Beastofprey.
Online at random times.
Has connection problems with PRO Online.
|Shiro-18||Guelder [JP]||16th Apr 2012 1am GMT+8
Usually anytime between 11pm to 12am GMT+8.
|-||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_fc945b6e||Japanese player. Has some knowledge of English.|
|Usually anytime between 11pm to 12am GMT+8.|
|Synmachina||synmachina [JP]||3rd Apr 2012 1pm GMT+8||CFW||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_3a91c3d9||Able to host, but connection is still unstable. Laggy connection at night.|
|Anytime, if not too busy.|
|tianiskun||tianis-kun [EU]||30th Mar 2012 11am GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULES01519_L_043832e2||AdhoctoUSB user.|
|tomo12194||TOMO [JP]||30th Mar 2012 4pm GMT+8||-||PSP_ANPJH50352_L_e61aecc8||Japanese player.|
Has limited knowledge of English.
May need hoster's SSID for manual connection.
|Zeonz||Z.T [US]||20th Apr 2012 1am GMT+8||CFW||PSP_AULUS10563_L_fe7f2d12||Will not be playing for at least a year's time, reason: Further studies.|
|Direction||Dpad||+ L||+ R|
Planex Adapter (OFW)Edit
- You will need to purchase the Planex adapter. There a a few adapters that can work but the best most compatible adapter has the actual XLink Kai logo on it. Search for "Planex adapter" at any online store such as Amazon.
- (Depending on your computer) Download and set up the adapter (this one is for windows 7).
Drivers for Planex Adapter
- Download XLink Kai.
XLink Kai Homepage
- Use this guide that explains SSID swapping to connect to other players
Hosting and Connecting with PSP SSID's
Planex Adapter NotesEdit
- It is possible to connect to AdhoctoUSB "hosting" players provided they give their PSP SSID's. But AdhoctoUSB players cannot connect to hosting players using SSID.
- A JP player using the SSID method couldn't connect to a AdhoctoUSB US host (me) until a JP version of my SSID was used. Or something. -Mornsta
Access the sites below and follow the instructions.
- XLink Kai homepage
Register an account by clicking Sign Up on top left.
- XLink Kai Forums-AdhoctoUSB thread
- God Eater Special Aid thread
- Do not use JP DLC costumes while in the presence of US version players;
it's been known to cause the US version players to crash.
- If there's both a Planex Adapter and AdhoctoUSB users in the room, the AdhoctoUSB must host, and give the SSIDs to the Planex Adapter users. Planex Adapter users cannot host AdhoctoUSB users.
- For the SSID, add your own last 8 digits of the MAC address.
Apparently you cannot have caps, the 8 digits must be in small caps.
Give the Japanese SSID for Japanese players, and the US SSID for English players.
- Bridge v2 works for me while Bridge v1 doesn't.
- You do not have to set a static address for Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
- For XLink Kai settings, I got it working by disabling PSSDK enabling Winpcap
and disabling the two options below them. Winpcap is recommended, some players could not connect to me until I switched to Winpcap. The ones that connected through my PSSDK connected through Winpcap fine; it seems Winpcap is all encompassing.
- You must portforward TCP/UDP 30000 in your network's Firewall settings.
You can access the page by going to the address http://192.168.1.254/ or home or home/mdc.
This may differ with your network. Go to firewall settings, and select your network
(you can tell by Start/Run/cmd/ipconfig) and portforward TCP/UDP 30000.
- It's fine not to see anything in Metrics, I didn't see anything yet my XLink Kai works fine.
- If Bridge gives you errors like 0 FFFFFFFF, close and open it again. Timeout errors are fine though,
it means that the adhoc is having trouble receiving data swiftly (e.g High Ping). Don't worry about it.
- You must enable the plugins or else XLink Kai won't work.
You cannot play with people using different regions of God Eater Burst.Disproven. I have only managed 2 player parties, though it's likely due to me living far away from everyone else...
I can host 3 player parties, never got to try 4. There was a member that had high ping with me but could still connect to the lobby; bringing NPC comrades was not an option as it would cause a DC during mission loading.
- Any questions? Ask on the XLink Kai forums. Or feel free to ask here.
The people at the Gods Eater Burst arena are free to help too.
(it's where you go to create rooms after running the XLink Kai client)
- Have fun! -Mornsta 18:12, February 2, 2012 (UTC)